Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I slung it Chittendon Style yo!

Hwat up From London Town!

For those of you who don’t know, Chittendon is a quiet suburb of London where I threw down like Ozzy Osborn on Satan’s New Year with a midget, two chicks and a load of blood soaked bats to bite the heads off of!

Ok, actually, I had a very nice English dinner with Joe and Layla, my host family’s son and daughter in law. They are the nicest people in the world as well! Joe and I spent the day walking around to Trafalgar Square, Oyster Market, China Town, and the Theater District! Many other locations passed my eyes before I realized that London is really a huge stretch of old English villages that grew into one another like cell multiplying under a microscope. Organic, raw, and ancient.

After dinner, Joe walked me back through the quaint suburban streets back to the station. As we stood on the siding waiting, he cracked a joke about the next town, Chittendon. “We’re going to party Chittendon style!”. When I asked what that meant, he replied that Chittendon is some crappy little town with basically nothing to do. It of course reminded me of Monmouth.

The countryside in England, often written about during the past centuries by poets and artists far better than myself, reminds me of Oregon. The weather is partly cloudy, a little cold and a little rainy. Home. As I watched the lights of London slowly edge past the train windows on the way back to the East, I realized that, like Japan, you can get everywhere you need anytime in England on a train. You can take you bike and bags with you. No one hassles you about it, or tries to get you to pay more. It’s very refreshing. If we had anything like this in America, people would definitely ride it.

Think about it, no security lines, no high fees for cramped seats next to screaming kids, no extra charges for bringing clothing and toiletries, ect. Anyway, got to go ride London now! First time for everything, and now is the time!

Peace

Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment